Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Thank You Healthline


I was pleasantly surprised to find that RA Adventure Rider made Healthline's list of the Best Rheumatoid Arthritis Blogs of 2016! I have not been as persistent lately but will strive to get back on track. Thank you Healthline and Nicole.
 
After this months infusion, I received a call about my blood work. My D was low ... no surprise there. My B-12 was also low ... not much of a surprise. Oh, and my thyroid was low ... ok, you got me there. I had to go back in for more blood work last week to verify that my thyroid is indeed low before we make a move (more meds I assume). However, not to wish a bad situation on myself, but I'm kind of excited about it. Low thyroid can lead to hand and foot pain, fatigue, unexplained weight gain (15 lbs since last fall) and extreme sleepiness. Of course there are several more but these are the (my) main ones that jumped out as soon as I began researching it. If it is low, and I can get it back under control, maybe ... just maybe, I will feel a little better and more like doing things again. See what I'm wishing for now?
 
I got the bike out for only one short ride but again, it just felt good to be riding. I need to pull some maintenance on it soon but just can't make myself get out to the shop and do it. Hopefully this is the low thyroid problem ... I hate thinking that I have become this lax on bike maintenace and repair. I have always enjoyed working on my bikes in the past.
 
I have been photographing downtown at night and am enjoying the challenge of shooting after dark. There is a bit of a learning process, more trial and error but with digital, you see instant results and can make corrections and continue shooting. In the old days you had to send film off then wait 2-3 days before seeing how bad you screwed up. Plus film and processing wasn't cheap.






7 comments:

mary said...

Good luck with the thyroid thing. Wouldn't it be nice to see improvement in those areas just by addressing the thyroid. Something that a pill will actually fix yay! What a concept!

Love the pictures. Looks like you have a growing hobby in photography. Can't wait to see what you do next.

I have been cycling more. I think the med change may have made a difference. A month ago I was considering selling my beautiful carbon fiber bike. Now I'm thinking of keeping it a while longer. It just goes to show, even in the worst flare we have to remember things can improve. I hope they do for you soon.

Anonymous said...

Terry
I like the photos a lot and am so glad to see you writing again.
Often we have more than R A and it can be a lot to deal with, but I am glad that you are getting help with other problems like the thyroid.
Still doing the short 3 mile ride to work on the KLR with a few side trips, but that is as much as I can tolerate for now. I shot a few recurve bows tonight in the back yard without any pain so life is good. hope you are well.
Phil

cathy kramer said...

Great pics Terry. And of course congrats on being on the list again. Your voice is always needed and appreciated. Wishing you the best on the lab work.

Terry said...

Thank you Mary, I am hoping that's what will happen. I was into photography heavy back in the late 70's to mid 80's. I had 3 Nikons, an Olympus and a darkroom. When digital came along I lost interest. I don't know why it took me so long to get back to it now that the quality is there. I had an interesting shoot last night that I will write about soon. Glad to hear you are back at it as well. I was considering selling my bike this spring.

Terry said...

Hey Phil and thank you! I haven't done any long rides but, as you well know, even just riding a short ride helps. Great to hear you shot a few with no pain. Little triumphs keep us going don't they.

Terry said...

Thank you Cathy and congratulations to you as well! I'm keeping my fingers crossed on the thyroid issue.

BJC Health - Australia said...

Hello,

Congratulations to you for an award. I have seen your blog on Health Line website.

I am happy for you.

~Ray
Rheumatoid Arthritis