Tuesday, June 14, 2016

I'm Back!!

Man, this spring has hit me hard. I have not felt good at all, in fact, I have not rode my bike since the last real ride I did with Mike and Greg back in February. Pain and fatigue have had me down. Then, amidst thoughts of selling my bike since I don't feel like riding, last Monday the rain just stopped and the heat lit up. Suddenly I am feeling back to MY normal (not everyone elses normal) and I have got more done around the yard, flower beds and shop in the past 10 days than I have done all year! I am going to ride next week and I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to it. I guess I have been borderline depressed over it thinking the new, stronger infusions weren't working. I haven't even kept up with my blog and I have no doubt lost some followers over it. I hate that but I really do appreciate everyone who has e-mailed me checking on me. You know who you are and you brightened my days by doing so. So, I'm back and hopefully next week, I will have a couple of new tales from the road and photos.
 
Speaking of photos, I have a new Nikon DSLR with a couple of long lenses. Here are a couple of shots I have shot with it so far. Not sure I want to carry this camera with me on the bike just yet.
Sunset from my front porch last week.

Time exposure shot downtown Fort Smith.

Moon shot with Vivitar 650-1300mm, this was zoomed to 900.
 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Terry
It was a sunny day here in Syracuse and I rode the bike 3 miles to work.
So far about 5o miles total for the year. We had a great vacation in Virginia and North Carolina and the Blue ridge parkway was a great ride. Got the garden in and have been well enough to keep working so far.
Great to see you back on the blog.
Phil

Terry said...

Phil, good to hear you had a great vacation and back on the bike. I have, maybe 300 miles in this year, but that is about to change with my new found okay-ness! Don't have a garden but do have some tomato and cucumber plants growing.

Anonymous said...

Sooo happy to see a post!
Warmer, dry weather is always greatly appreciated for those of us sensitive to the elements. Sounds like meds kicked in; hopefully for a good long while. I totally understand the frustration and depression that comes from doing everything you can and still not feeling great or being able to enjoy the things want to do.
Love the photos!
Enjoy riding...and the yeard

Suzanne

mary said...

So glad to your back and feeling well. Enjoy your upcoming rides. It has been a crazy spring here warm, cold, blazing hot then drop to 40"s and so on. My RA is still pretty active and I am going to discuss a med change when I come back from vacation in a couple of weeks.
Hope you continue to feel well and that your summer is filled with riding and all the other things you love to do.


Terry said...

Suzanne, it was really an eye opener when the weather dried out and heated up. I didn't realize we had been that damp all spring. The heat, while borderline unbearable at times here, sure makes it better on my RA.

Mary, thank you. I feel like a kid again waiting for the weekend to go riding. haha Good luck on the med change. Let me know what you change to and how it works for you please.

Sherri Husselbaugh said...

Glad to see you back!! I am so happy to hear that you are doing better. I have been on Actemra for a year now and it seems to be working great. I have not had any illness or infections from it. The only problem is now the stiffness is coming back and it stays all day but the pain is manageable. I hope it is not failing me.
My husband and I just got back from a 4 hour ride for Father's day. Its a nice 82 here and low humidity with a nice breeze. Sending prayers that the Actemra continues to work and that you get to enjoy your riding. I will check in later to see how things are going.

Sherri

Terry said...

Thank you Sherri. I am no means pain free by saying I'm doing better, I'm afraid we're in the same boat. But at least I feel good enough to want to get up and do stuff now that it has dries out some. Wow!! A 4 hour ride sounds so great right now. I'm going to head down southwest tomorrow solo to photograph an old bridge. Wish me luck! lol

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you're back. I haven't felt that good this spring and I don't have any thing wrong with me, I feel for ya buddy. Really like the shot of the moon, looking forward to some more pics from your road trips.

Bill

Terry said...

Thanks Bill, I am doing a short ride this afternoon. Hopefully I will have a few pics for my next post from the ride today. Shot a few pics of the strawberry moon last night, may load those on next post as well.

Sherri Husselbaugh said...

Hope you had a great ride! And I hope you feel well enough the rest of the summer to get lots of rides in. Always enjoy your pictures! God bless.