Sunday, June 14, 2015

Blah


It has been a dismal spring for me, I'm not complaining, just stating the facts. I lost a uncle, a good friend, continue to struggle with my RA and have a new job bid that I have 5 tests that I must pass to keep the job. Forgot to mention the flooding here also.

I always looked up to Uncle Jim. He played pro baseball for 18 years with 12 years in the majors. He was a switch hitter and right handed hit 117 home runs, 401 RBI with a .240 batting average. As a left hander he hit .270 with 11 home runs and 46 RBI. When I was young, he was larger than life to me. I remember watching him play on tv, then every winter getting to see him. Once he retired from ball, he moved back close and I would go spend the night at their house. As a matter of fact, on his farm is where I learned to ride a motorcycle. 


I'm switching meds next month and hoping that will bring me some relief. We are going to Colorado in September and I have to feel better for that trip. 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Terry
I had a favorite Uncle (they were all pretty special)and am sorry for your loss, but it sounds like lots of good memories. Summer has been rough here too. More antibiotics for the lyme and still too sore to ride the bike, but hoping to get in the saddle soon.
Good luck on the bid.
I wondered about the floods hope you are ok.
Cheers.
Phil -Syracuse

Deb aka AbcsOfra said...

So, so sorry to hear about your loss. Sometimes there are no words to fill the emptiness. I always try to "see" my loved ones that have crossed over in nature. We all deal in many, many different ways. I have been peeking but not posting. Do know you are always in my thoughts and I wish the best for you. Not sure about the bid thing but I don't like the sound of it... at all! And I really am hoping your new med(s) do the trick. What a dance we must all do to try and find relief. (((( )))))

mary said...

So sorry to hear about your uncle. Sounds like a heck of a ball player.
Hope the med change gives you the relief you need. Also hope the bid goes well. Lots o stress on top of the ra can't help the situation. Good luck!

Terry said...

@Phil, thanks and yes Uncle Jim was a special guy. I got the bike out last weekend and did a short 75 mile ride. It had been so long, at first it didn't even feel good being back on the bike. Then on the second mile (lol) it all came back! I'm hoping the meds help you and me (my upcoming change), life is too short to live on the sidelines.
The flood was pretty bad here but we were ok at our house. The rains washed a bridge out on our road about 1/4 mile south of us.

Terry said...

Thank you Deb! It's so good to hear from you. I had wondered how you were doing. As far as the new job bid, once I get certified on the new press, I think it will be easier on me. But I have been wrong before. lol I will be dancing if I can get back part of the ground I have lost this year to RA! Look forward to hearing from you again!

Terry said...

Thank you Mary. I am actually looking forward to the change ... thats how bad I have felt this year! I usually cringe at the thought of changing meds. I have passed 4 of my tests with a safety test remaining and my walk through test with the supervisor. I'm almost there but you're right... been a lot of unneeded stress.