Sunday, September 7, 2014

Take That RA!


Wow ... so much has happened since my last post. I didn't intentionally ignore my blog, it just sorta happened!  I have had a rough year with my RA. After going gluten free some 4 weeks ago I have noticed a pretty dramatic change. While my pain has only reduced slightly, I have so much more energy and actually feel like doing things now. I had a rheumatologist appt last week and he was equally excited about it. We were going to switch meds but after seeing that I was doing better decided against it, as did I.

I have felt the best I've felt in a year right now and I'm taking full advantage of it. I have been riding several times plus finishing up with a few more things on my bike. I have a set of Oxford Heated Grips and a Touratech Headlight Guard laying on my work bench. Also a lower dash kit and 12 volt plug are next up to be ordered with an Alumiracks rear rack. 

I woke up at the crack of 8 this morning to cool temps for this time of year in Oklahoma. It was 68 as I fired my bike up and pointed northeast. I met up with Greg on the way out of town and we rode out to the Ozark National Forest. We stopped at Oark for breakfast and then rode further into the forest only to discover the swinging bridge over the Mulberry River had been destroyed. I loved walking it and hope it will be rebuilt. We rode some more good dirt before popping back out to asphalt and the ride back home. Rode 195 miles today and I feel great ... take that RA!

Abandoned church house we found last week.
Abandoned church house we found last week.
Resting the bikes on the Mulberry River bridge.

What is left of the swinging bridge at Oark.
Greg strapping on his helmet after breakfast at Oark.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow so awesome to hear Terry.
Phil

Terry said...

Thanks Phil, how have you been doing with your new bike?

mary said...

Such good news Terry!! Enjoy !

Terry said...

Thanks Mary, I'm ready to enjoy the rest of the year on an up note... hopefully!

Anonymous said...

Terry
In spite of the swelling I took it to work and back today so the fun factor is still there. Now if only the R.A. would back off I would be golden, but it is what it is. No mods except the seat and I have yet to raise it the inch back to stock.
We had a really nice day here in Syracuse before the cold front that is starting tomorrow, but even a short ride is fun on the thumper.
Phil