Tuesday, September 16, 2014

RA Strikes Back


We had a cold front blow in cooler temps and thunderstorms last Friday. I have been in agony ever since, affecting my hands, fingers, wrists and elbows. My jackass friend RA has laughed at the Tylenol Arthritis and Aleve that I have taken in hopes of settling him down a notch or two. And if that weren't enough he has been playing hide and seek with me. You know ... you go to bed with one hand hurting worse and when you wake up ... TADA!  The other hand is now taking center stage in the rheumatic S&M freak show! 

Then, on top of the pain, fatigue has just hammered me! I have slept a little over 24 hours over the past 2 nights. On average, I will get 22-23 hours for 3 normal nights sleep. I am hoping that I'm nearing the end of this unruly flare up but we have more storms and temperature changes scheduled to roll in Thursday through Saturday of this week. Holy cow, I don't have time for this stuff ... I have a life to live!

I had a nice ride planned for today. I was supposed to ride down south 120 miles to hunt and photograph an abandoned iron truss bridge sitting by itself in a field. That will have to wait til next week now. I do have new stuff coming for my bike preparing for my upcoming week off in October.

The photos below are of my cousin/18 year old road racer. Awesome kid!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Terry
Missed another day at work today with the hip & knee thing. Yeah it can suck at times. Hang in there bud.
Nice pics. we are both too old for those angles. :)

Phil

Terry said...

Hey Phil, sorry to hear about having to miss work. You got that right about we're too old for that! Still looks like fun to me though.

ron said...

Hahah too old for that, man that can be true in so many different ways

Terry said...

Ron, agreed! lol