Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Good News


I had two spider bites on my eyelid, it was not shingles after all. I was just going off of how I felt the previous time I had shingles (in the exact location the bites are). The bites itched, were painful to touch, I had a low grade headache Sunday and my eyelid was swollen like with the shingles so I just assumed the worst.  Not sure where I got the bites, we have our house sprayed 4 times a year and it is extremely rare to see a spider (or any bug other than a fly) in the house.

I lied on my previous post ... I forgot that I got out early one morning. Two weeks ago I did a short solo ride and wound up riding part of an abandoned highway that has now been bypassed. I was surprised to find all of the road signs still in place despite huge boulders on each end of the road denying access to it. On the south end I just squeezed my bike between the large rocks and as I approached the north end I thought I might have to turn around. The wide part of my bike was just above the top of the boulders but if I did not have folding footpegs, I would not have made it in between them. It was nice seeing nature reclaiming the road and covering the signs up but I figured I had better move on, I met an elderly man walking on the road, and as I approached him running all of 20mph, I waved and said hello. He said nothing and gave me a dirty look so I thought he might be calling the law on me for being on "his" road. lol I was doing nothing wrong, wasn't tearing anything, up just riding slowly and taking some photos but I just don't trust someone who can't smile back after speaking to them ... then again, some people just don't like motorcycles. Can't we just all get along?






5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent news, beats shingles any day of the week.
Phil

Terry said...

Absolutely Phil, rather have a spider bite that shingles any day (well ... most spiders).

mary said...

Great news about the shingles. Never had them but have heard they are very painful.

Terry said...

Mary, I had shingles a few years ago and from my experience with them they were painful. I'll take a bug bite any day. I still have a hard knot under the skin on my eyelid but thats nothing I can't live with.

red said...

Discover this NEW cure and get rid of Arthritis Pain for Good!

Visit http://naturalarthritiscureforlife.com