Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Bad To Good In Half-a-Day


It has been rough since I last posted. I haven't felt like riding or even working on my bike in 4 weeks now and this past Saturday I was hurting bad enough that I called in FMLA (first day this year). I went to work the next day, my last work day for my week, and began feeling better mid-afternoon. 

Monday I had a list a mile long to get started on ... if I could just get two or three items crossed off I would feel good. It was one of those days where things just fell into place and combined with feeling good for a change, I got most of the list crossed off plus pulling the tank and seat on my bike and wiring up new driving lights. I followed that up by a quick trip to my GP to get a new prescription Tuesday morning then I came home and mowed and trimmed our three acre hacienda. after that, I cleaned up and went to take some tests at work that I was behind on. I can't explain why I'm suddenly feeling better so quickly ... I am just enjoying it for the moment. 

Cool note: Phil, one of my followers here bought a KLR and is loving riding again. 
Uncool note: Phil is also struggling right now with his RA and rides one day at a time like me.

I did take my bike out for a quick 40 mile ride Monday with the new lights. To quote a riding buddy who also lives with a chronic illness, "it feels good to feel good for a change." I have a new exhaust ordered that should be here Thursday. That will be the last big item I need for my new bike. The only other thing I need is for the Cimzia to work well when I switch meds!
New lights I put on Monday

0 comments: