Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Ready for 2011 (I Think)

Living with a chronic disease, we have to reach daily to our inner strength for a simple task that a healthy person takes for granted.  When I do accomplish a milestone, it means far more to me than to a normal person.  It's similar to having your first job as a teenager, when you bought something with money that you had earned, it meant so much more to you because you did it on your own.  

The weather has been dreary and cold here, I haven't been riding much lately.  I have been researching old bridges and other points of interest that I would like to ride to in 2011, and have some interesting prospects.  Just need some constant warm weather to roll back in.  I'm getting the helmet cam set back up so I can shoot some video of our rides in the future.  Hopefully, I'll have enough good footage to put a few clips together and post here next year.
As the holiday season is upon us, we usually find ourselves reflecting on the past year and on those who have shared our joys and sorrows. Thank you for your friendship. I wish you and your families a Merry Christmas (yes, I still say Christmas ... not Happy Holidays) and I hope that 2011 will be better for all of us.   

9 comments:

Cathy said...

Merry Christmas Terry. I hope the holidays are enjoyable and pain free!

Squirrel said...

you too Terry! it's great to make plans for the year ahead and have something to look forward to. take it easy and enjoy the holidays!

tharr said...

Thank you Cathy.

Squirrel, I hate winter, I'm so ready for spring and some warm weather. Yesterday was only the first official day of winter. I'm afraid it's going to be a long one, we've already had 5 weeks of winter temps. Thanks.

mary said...

Merry Christmas to you too Terry. Maybe Santa will bring you some decent weather and order up an early spring.

rheumforgod said...

Merry Christmas to you, Terry! I am grateful for your friendship and continually inspired by your passion to to pursue what you enjoy doing. May 2011 be an incredible year for us all!

Lana said...

Have a very Merry Christmas Terry and I wish you good health and happiness for the New Year.

tharr said...

Thank you Mary. I think I have the winter time blues, I hate winter and short days!

Kelli, thank you for the kind words. I use the winter months to rest up and do some heavy maintenance on my bike, but man ... I'm chomping at the bit to get out and ride! I know several of us had a rough 2010, I am optimistic that 2011 is going to be better for us all.

Lana, thank you.

Wren said...

A very Merry Christmas to you and your family (dogs too!), Terry! May your day be filled with laughter, warmth and much joy.

tharr said...

Thank you Wren. These days, I think, the dogs have it better than us at our house.