Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Artrax SE3 vs Bridgestone M404

This is for my riding buddies.  I ride dual sport now, so your actual milage may vary, however the same type of roads and trail were used for both tires.
I just pulled off my Bridgestone M404 and, since I did a product evaluation of the Artrax rear tire, thought I would show you a side by side analysis of the 2 tires. At the time I pulled both of them off, they were pretty even on stopping ability (very little) but the Bridgestone did have better traction and acceleration than the Artrax. The side wall, at changing time, was stiffer on the Bridgestone, but as you can see form the photo, actual tread is about the same. The main difference is that the Artrax had just under 500 miles on it while the Bridgestone had 2004 miles on it.
Not scientific by any means, just wear under normal dual sport conditions by an average rider.

0 comments: