I am just one day away from my fourth Orencia infusion and while I am doing better, I must admit I'm nowhere near pain free. I wasn't expecting to be completely pain free prior to starting Orencia, but after reading what several people said about how well it worked for them, I think that I may have gotten my hopes up a little too high. There are several pluses for Orencia along with a few minuses. So here is how I feel to date after being on Orencia for nearly three month's.
1) I no longer have to give myself two shots a week now.
2) My feet feel better for longer periods now.
3) I am able to ride longer distances on my motorcycle with less pain than pre-Orencia days.
4) Overall, my hands seem to have less swelling, although they still hurt.
5) Less pain has encouraged me to start working out again at the gym.
6) Fatigue is not gone, but seems to be better after starting on Orencia.
1) I am not pain free.
2) Although my feet are better, they hurt badly after standing on them for extended periods.
3) My hands and fingers still hurt considerably.
4) After sitting for an extended period, it is still quite painful to stand up.
5) My hip still hurts too much to be able to ride my mountain bike.
Do you think it is wrong for us to wish to be pain free? In retrospect, I wasn't expecting a miracle drug to just come in and take all of the pain away, but it would have been nice. Overall I am feeling better and am glad I made the switch to Orencia, but I am still disappointed with some of the outcome.