Friday, September 25, 2009

Work, Work, Work

Not much has been happening this week except work. On my work days, I work, sleep, briefly workout (if I am up to it) and check my email. I have worked 18 out of the last 21 days so I am behind on everything. On the upside of this, I do have a job still and making $32/hour OT isn't all bad.

I went for my second Orencia infusion yesterday, 9/24, and all went smoothly. After working all night and then staying up til my infusion at 10 am and taking the Benadryl before the infusion, I could barely stay awake to drive back home. I absolutely melted into bed as soon as I walked into the house. I can't remember when it has felt this good to be able to lay down. I slept five hours before my wife woke me up to go out and eat. She had been in class all day at the hospital and was extremely tired and wanted to eat so she could lay down and take a nap. Can you see the irony here? She wakes me up so she can go eat and come back home and take a nap. She is learning the joys of night shift and having to switch back over to days on your days off to do normal things. She is complaining about being tired and fatigued all the time now, and she doesn't have RA. In my opinion, humans were not meant to work nights, it is extremely hard on you both physically and mentally. But the pay is good where we are at and there aren't many jobs to be had right now in our region of the US.

I have my bike ready to ride, just waiting for some days off. My air compressor burned up this week, so just when I had a little bit of money stuck back for riding this fall and winter, I had to go buy one today. I got a good deal on a 2.5 hp 10 gallon Black and Decker. I started to buy it yesterday at Home Depot, they had a pallet with 13 of them on it, but I am really bad about wanting to research things and read reviews by actual people who own the product. After reading 40+ reviews and the compressor having 5 out of 5 stars rating, I headed back to buy one this morning and to my surprise, there were 3 left when I walked in the store at 9 am today.

0 comments: