Friday, June 5, 2009

Rheumatoid Arthritis Sucks

Most days I don't do too bad at work. Last night was an exception.

I work on a large printing press that has 3 different levels (3 stories in house terms) and it takes 4 press operators to run the press safely. We work 12 hour shifts, I work from 7 pm to 7 am, on a concrete floor wearing steel toe safety shoes. Last night my feet were hurting so badly I seriously considered coming home at 3 am. I decided against leaving early, stuck it out and could barely walk this morning when I got off at 7 am. I simply came home, ate a quick bite of breakfast and crawled in bed hoping that a good day's rest will repair my feet so I can go back to work tonight. I am up and my feet feel better today, so maybe tonight will have a better outcome.

I always took my health for granted before I was diagnosed with RA. I would love to just be able to have one weekend (just 2 days that I am not working) pain free to be able to run, ride, do whatever I want to do with no limitations. Of course I would like a million dollars too and I'm not going to see that one either, so I am going to work out for 30 minutes, fix my lunch and head back to hell, I mean work.

0 comments: