Monday, April 27, 2009

Helmet Cam


Randall, Mike and I have been riding together since the late 70's. Randall and I have wanted a helmet cam just about that long also. You're never going to relive the rush of the moment, but it would be cool to watch video clips of some of the highlights of your rides. That time has arrived.

Randall and I went together and bought a helmet cam to play and experiment with 2 weeks ago. We took it out this weekend for the first trial run and are still have a lot to learn with it. My main focus was don't crash with it! We rode a lot of mud and creek crossings so I thought it would be best to use the waterproof case for it. Good news is I didn't destroy it first time out with it. Bad news is the waterproof case really dampens the video and sound quality.

We rode some unusual dual sport trail and managed to shoot a couple of decent test videos that I am loading on youtube.com. Hopefully I can learn something and apply it so we can have some better quality videos in the future.

Click HERE for video clip.


I tried to load it in 3 different formats here but could not get it loaded so I just posted a link to my youtube page.

We still have a lot to learn, but I think we are going to have a lot of fun with it.

0 comments: