Saturday, February 28, 2009

Feeling Better

This week has been a good week for me. My RA flare is 90% over now, I got to visit with my parents and I spent a day with my daughter. Not bad.

I went up to my parents house, about 80 miles north of us, and helped my dad finish trimming trees, cutting and hauling off the limbs and brush and repairing part of a fence. They were hit by a devastating ice storm in late January. I have been up there 5 days out of the last 4 weeks, I had to skip last week due to my flare, to help with the clean up around their 4 acres. Glad that job is done.

I spent most of the day today, after having a tooth filled this morning, with my daughter. I don't get to see her as much as I would like but I understand. She is overloaded this semester at college so between her school work and my weird work schedule, we talk by phone and email a lot. Today was a nice change.

Didn't get to do any riding this week, but have a good ride plan for next weekend. Below are a few pictures from some of our recent rides this year.


Overlook from one of the mountains.


Old bridge on one of our rides. Pick your line wisely, just enough room for a front tire to drop in between the boards!


Randall and Race riding an old logging road up in the mountains.


Race (in front) and I riding some good wide single track trail.

0 comments: